In the Admissions Office, our goal is to provide a welcoming face to answer any and all of your questions about our school community. We work hard to understand how we can partner with your family to provide your kids with the best support in the Coachella Valley. The Admissions process is designed to provide you with insight into the school’s expectations for the family, as well as, to evaluate a student’s skills, achievements, and talents and to determine Palm Valley is the right school for your student and family. We want to ensure that your time here is engaging, positive, and satisfying.
Because we strive to maintain small classes for optimal individual attention to each student, space is sometimes limited in a particular grade. Applications for admission will be considered once the family has submitted sufficient information upon which to make a decision. Applications made during the school year will be considered only if space is available. Application submission does not guarantee admission. Students that need specific academic supports may need to be further assessed by our Learning Specialist to determine if our program and support staff are able to meet their individual needs for success.
If you are interested in our current 2022-2023 school year, please contact our Admissions Director, Kaira Nayfack directly at [email protected]
Inquiries for the 2023-2024 school year
- Complete an online Inquiry Form using our new software Blackbaud
- Someone from the Admissions Office will be reaching out shortly after to schedule a tour.
- An enrollment checklist will be assigned to each family which may include an applicaion, copy of immunizations and transcripts, student interview and other tasks.
- The application processing fee is $125 at the time of application submissions.
- After the Application has been received, we require the following items for assessment:
- Student grades/transcripts sent from former school(s)
- Immunization Records (meeting the CA requirements for schools)
- Schedule a Shadow day for the student to spend time on our campus and a Family Interview with the Director of Admissions. This can be waived or done via Skype/Phone if applicant is applying from out of town and scheduling this is not physically feasible.
- If applying for Financial Aid, create a portal through SMART AID FOR PARENTS. The portal will open in Febuary 2023 and you will be asked to submit the appropriate information (making sure to upload supporting documents). Once the Financial Aid application has been received, you will receive an email update from our Director of Admissions. A Financial Aid Award Letter will be processed and presented, if eligible, before enrollment. This process takes two-three weeks from submission to receiving the letter.
- Once we have assessed student candidacy for admission, a letter of decision will be sent to the family. If the student is accepted, they will also be sent an enrollment contract .
- A non-refundable enrollment deposit ($1000) due at time of contract signing that is applied directly to tuition. A space is not reserved until a signed contract and deposit has been received.
- Last date to withdraw from a signed contract without penalty: May 1
Tuition & Financial Aid 2023-2024
|Preschool/Pre-K (40hrs/wk. School year only)||$12,599|
New Student Fee: If you are a new student to the school, there is a $1,000 new student fee.
Books, Materials, and Activites:
Grades K-5 $895
Grades 6-12 $1,095
This includes for students such items as, but not limited to: student handbooks, textbooks, consumable texts, and classroom supplies, academic awards and ceremonies, physical education and athletic programs, lab fees, special assemblies, music/drama/art supplies, and classroom parties.
Technology Fees (All Grades): $400
Uniforms (K-12): Families must purchase the required items of uniform dress through Normansuniforms.com School Code #35525. The Spirit Store on campus sells gently used uniforms and spirit-wear.
Hot Lunch Program: Catered hot lunches, which are optional and pre-ordered, will be available on designated days each week at an additional cost.
MONTHLY AND QUARTERLY PAYMENT OPTIONS AVAILABLE: Amount financed at a 5% rate over 4 installments (June, September, December and March) and 10% rate over ten installments (June – March
Ask about our MULTI-CHILD DISCOUNT!
Palm Valley School seeks to attract highly-qualified students and supportive families to join our school community. We are committed to ensuring that any child who qualifies for admission not be denied the opportunity to attend our school due to demonstrated financial need.
To the end, the Palm Valley School awards up to $1 Million annually to qualified students who wish to attend our school. We employ the Financial Aid model for all students who apply and qualify. Students with demonstrated financial need pay a tuition price that fits your family’s ability to pay. 40-45% of our current student body receive financial assistance in some form. Additionally, we offer a variety of financed payment plans to accommodate families who wish to make monthly payments over a 10 month period.
Inquiries concerning the Financial Aid can be addressed to the Director of Admissions and Marketing by calling 760-328-0861 or sending an email to [email protected].
Preschool Division Age Groups
|Toddlers||18 months by August 2023|
|Preschool-1||2 years by August 2023|
|Preschool-2||3 years by August 2023|
|Prekindergarten||4 years by August 2023|
Palm Valley is a is a place of possibilities where students from abroad can learn without limits. Please note that tuition information above is for domestic students only. International students may qualify for Financial Aid and should call our offices for more information or check with the organization that coordinates students from their country. Most placement agencies collect tuition and fees directly and arrangements are not made through the School. Students from China, Korea, and Japan must use Cambridge exclusively for application to Palm Valley School.
Click here to visit the application